fullymatted.
Back to search
Rennlist

opinions on potential purchase

Add to repair workspace
Open repair workspace
Original source
6 captured repliesDiscussion pagination complete · Source accounts, not a confirmed diagnosis
THIS DISCUSSION / SOURCE-DERIVED OVERVIEW

Discussion summary

YOUR RESEARCHopinions on potential purchase

1 matching discussions were examined; no attributable action/outcome evidence was detected. No consensus or repair conclusion is claimed.

Source reports, not a diagnosis or a success probability. Counts refer to discussions and can overlap.

Read captured replies

Insufficient extracted evidence does not mean there is no answer in the original discussions.

1 matching discussions · 6 captured posts examined · 0 partial discussions

Coverage and how to read this overview

Counts describe captured discussions, not unique people or a diagnosis. Author identities are not reliably stored. Exact duplicate evidence is counted once across matching discussions; one discussion counts at most once per action/state. Multiple repairs reported together remain a combination. Suggestions and failed attempts do not establish a fix. Matches cover whole discussions and can include related faults, model variants and incomplete threads.

6 eligible posts · 0 unverified posts · 1 discussions match the subject in their title or opening post.

  • Rennlist: 1 discussions

0 evidence records excluded for query context · 0 excluded by outcome qualification · 0 adjusted by outcome qualification.

0 acknowledgements have no verified action link; they do not establish a repair result.

Generation: 20261027T011819Z · outcome-qualification-6. Deterministic extraction; no AI model inference. How we use sources

POST 1 / ORIGINAL POSTEROriginal post

This car has been on the market for a while: http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...r_id=142900611 The "minor accident" scares me a bit, but the mileage and price make it tempting, not to mention the color (and no, the interior is gray, not purple). I don't know just how "negotiable" the price is, but in any case I'd probably have to sell my Audi S4 to do the deal - not to mention freeing up the garage space. Or should I wait a few years 'til my kid is out of college and get the newer C4 that I'd really rather have?

POST 2Original post

Bill, Contact them and get the VIN, from there you can do a carfax, which should give you a little more history. Should also have service dealer, so you can call them. If you are seriously considering it get a PPI ($200 from a porsche dealer). that said, prices are going down, so if you wait a little you can prob get that C4. Also, buying this one with plans of selling it to get your C4 might not be as lucrative (tho you will be driving a porsche in the meantime )

POST 3Original post

I just got mine for 42700 with 25k miles and the aero kit with no accidents.

POST 4 / ORIGINAL POSTEROriginal post

If I were to get serious I'd do the PPI for sure. I skipped the PPI on my 928 because after talking to the folks that maintained the car and having EVERY service record (a 2 inch thick stack) I felt comfortable and wasn't disappointed. I also skipped the the PPI on a previous 944 purchase and paid for that mistake over and over...

POST 5Original post

i agree with c4cabnyc-but,you just have to be careful. for not much more money, you could get a newer car that is still under warantee. resale prices are not strong-see what you can do.

POST 6 / ORIGINAL POSTEROriginal post

I suppose with the new model (997?) coming out soon, prices will be under even more pressure. It probably would make more sense to wait and get a newer C4. Although by nature I'm not generally the patient type...

This is a source reference. Confirm exact model applicability in the original material.