fullymatted.
Back to search
Rennlist

997 have to wait till 2006?

Add to repair workspace
Open repair workspace
Original source
11 captured repliesDiscussion pagination complete · Source accounts, not a confirmed diagnosis
THIS DISCUSSION / SOURCE-DERIVED OVERVIEW

Discussion summary

YOUR RESEARCH997 have to wait till 2006?

1 matching discussions were examined; no attributable action/outcome evidence was detected. No consensus or repair conclusion is claimed.

Source reports, not a diagnosis or a success probability. Counts refer to discussions and can overlap.

Read captured replies

Insufficient extracted evidence does not mean there is no answer in the original discussions.

1 matching discussions · 11 captured posts examined · 0 partial discussions

Coverage and how to read this overview

Counts describe captured discussions, not unique people or a diagnosis. Author identities are not reliably stored. Exact duplicate evidence is counted once across matching discussions; one discussion counts at most once per action/state. Multiple repairs reported together remain a combination. Suggestions and failed attempts do not establish a fix. Matches cover whole discussions and can include related faults, model variants and incomplete threads.

11 eligible posts · 0 unverified posts · 1 discussions match the subject in their title or opening post.

  • Rennlist: 1 discussions

0 evidence records excluded for query context · 0 excluded by outcome qualification · 0 adjusted by outcome qualification.

0 acknowledgements have no verified action link; they do not establish a repair result.

Generation: 20261027T000231Z · outcome-qualification-6. Deterministic extraction; no AI model inference. How we use sources

POST 1 / ORIGINAL POSTEROriginal post

Just talked with a Porsche dealer and he said the 997's wont be out till model year 2006, which means you can get your hands on one in September or so 2005. Anyone know any truth to this? I thought I'd be able to pick up a 2005 model sometime later this year, around September 2004. I hope he was wrong, most likely not though because he said he just came back from Cayenne training and thats where he found out. Ah well.

POST 2Original post

And did he then try to convince you to not wait that long, and buy one of the '04s he has on the lot? I can't imagine Porsche is telling anybody anything about the release date at this point, although I'd be quite surprised if the 997 didn't get released as a MY 2005 later this year.

POST 3Original post

As far as I know the 997 will be a 2006 Model year release in summer or fall of 2005, so the dealer sounds correct to me... Evan

POST 4Original post

Considering the "real" finished car hasn't even been shown, I doubt they'll be ready to sell them this summer.

POST 5 / ORIGINAL POSTEROriginal post

Actually he didnt try to talk me into a 2003 or 2004 model too much . He did suggest I could get a "good" deal on some of the 03 models which were still sitting on the lot. Well I'm kinda bummed , but I will ask around some more to verify the 997 will be out late 2005. Only reason why I may NOT want the 997 are the potential "bugs" that accompany new models on their first production year. If I could get the 04 996 coupe with the 345bhp upgrade, full leather, 18"wheels, PSM for $80k(us) or less I might bite at the deal. Just havent made up my mind.

POST 6Original post

Porsche desing boss Harm Lagaay in his own words told the editor of 911 and Porsche World Magazine the focus for the remainder of 2003 was on the special models (C4S/Turbo cabs, GT-3) and that 2004 will be a much different year. He also said that both the 987/996 were well past normal development intervals (compared to 964/993 timelines. There is not a chance they will delay another full model year to release the new models. Watch for one or the other to appear at Geneva in March. The German magazines and boards are lit up with apparantly "inside" information also.

POST 7 / ORIGINAL POSTEROriginal post

Well thats what I was afraid of: conflicting stories. In my positive attitude I dont think anyone is lying, just misinformed. I sure do hope late 04 I will see 997's selling around my neck of the woods. Maybe its possible that US will not get the 997's untill 05?

POST 8Original post

Dekard, I doubt you'll get an 04 with the X51 for $80K, unless it's end of model year, absolutely stripped, and the the 997 is out ..and the HP on that has been upped to 345 as well. But I've been wrong many times! I don't know but I would expect that the 997 will come this summer, and the Boxster replacement will come next year. Take a nap for a few months and everything will be clear, that way you'll have no regrets.

POST 9 / ORIGINAL POSTEROriginal post

Yes that is exactly my concern. If the 997 has ~350 hp stock, and MSRP will not change much it will be a much better deal. The 996 coupe bone dry is $68,600 if I remember correctly, plus $13k for the engine upgrade

POST 10Original post

Right hand drive car for September 04 delivery as an '05 model. JM

POST 11Original post

i was in about 3 months ago asking about the 997 and the dealer told me it was another year too. in a few months the speculation should be over though.

This is a source reference. Confirm exact model applicability in the original material.