fullymatted.
Back to search
PistonHeads

updated porsche boxster - Page 1 - Porsche General - PistonHeads UK

Add to repair workspace
Open repair workspace
Original source
6 captured repliesPartial discussion capture · Source accounts, not a confirmed diagnosis
THIS DISCUSSION / SOURCE-DERIVED OVERVIEW

Discussion summary

YOUR RESEARCHupdated porsche boxster - Page 1 - Porsche General - PistonHeads UK

1 matching discussions were examined; no attributable action/outcome evidence was detected. No consensus or repair conclusion is claimed.

Source reports, not a diagnosis or a success probability. Counts refer to discussions and can overlap.

Read captured replies

Insufficient extracted evidence does not mean there is no answer in the original discussions.

1 matching discussions · 6 captured posts examined · 1 partial discussions

Coverage and how to read this overview

Counts describe captured discussions, not unique people or a diagnosis. Author identities are not reliably stored. Exact duplicate evidence is counted once across matching discussions; one discussion counts at most once per action/state. Multiple repairs reported together remain a combination. Suggestions and failed attempts do not establish a fix. Matches cover whole discussions and can include related faults, model variants and incomplete threads.

6 eligible posts · 0 unverified posts · 1 discussions match the subject in their title or opening post.

  • PistonHeads: 1 discussions

0 evidence records excluded for query context · 0 excluded by outcome qualification · 0 adjusted by outcome qualification.

0 acknowledgements have no verified action link; they do not establish a repair result.

Generation: 20261027T005001Z · outcome-qualification-6. Deterministic extraction; no AI model inference. How we use sources

POST 1Original post

I am going through the same nonsense at the moment. They aren't saying anything because they don't want orders for the "old" model to drop off prematurely. The most likely start to "new model" production would be September I'm told.

POST 2Original post

I'd wait if I was you, you'll be kicking yourself if brought a new boxter only to find out that 6 months later you could have one with the 3.4 engine, and plus the value of you new boxter will drop dramatically. I'd buy a cheap second hand one for now, and when they announce the new one place your order. You'll then still have fun asap and you'll get the new boxter when it comes out with minimal damage to your wallet, as the depreciation on a cheap second hand boxter will be much less than a new one.

POST 3Original post

If the new boxter will be available with the 3.4 I guess all the available 993 engine mods/ tuning upgrades will apply for it. Same product as the Ruf 3400 with a bit of a tweek then.

POST 4Original post

Good for you Tony ! All I can guess mate is that you're saving a pile of brass on it, because my local dealer said he could get brand new 2.7 in June, 3.2 in July (late July to be fair) To be honest, the facelift didn't bother me too much - Emma and I have a depo on a silver 2001 S (arriving next Thursday, can't wait, can't wait etc). We've saved approx 3.5K on list, plus we get it a good deal sooner ! (just lucky the colour / spec was pretty much what we wanted). The major part of the facelift is a glass rear window - overdue, possibly IMHO. That aside, dealers are pretty tight lipped right now apropos this - certainly the two I have spoken to. They also deny that the Coupe Boxster will be produced. Again, I've not read anything to this effect in the motoring press. Best of luck. Mail me if you need anything answering - I think I know the sales and options brochures off by heart now. Also, Don Hughes (Don) was really helpful when I was looking (stop blushing, Don !!) Cheers, Greg

POST 5Original post

Try www.986board.com for updates on 2003 Boxster they have loads of chat about everything

POST 6 / ORIGINAL POSTEROriginal post

I am ordering a new 2.7 Boxster off the internet.The wait is nearly 12 months- possibly delivery in August or September 2002.However there is an updated Boxster coming out and its hard to find out when the actual date it will roll off the lines will be.I think it will be the 2003 model year and perhaps therefore available in September. Has anyone anyfurther info about spec or production as I would like to delay delivery until I can get the revised model.I assume it will be being built therefor in August but Porsche GB are not helpful and claim they dont know anything.

This is a source reference. Confirm exact model applicability in the original material.