9 captured repliesDiscussion pagination complete · Source accounts, not a confirmed diagnosis
THIS DISCUSSION / SOURCE-DERIVED OVERVIEW
Discussion summary
YOUR RESEARCHSo what of the future..
Reported or suspected cause
maximum i would wait
Suggestion or failed attempt
No successful repair reported for this finding.
0
Identified cause
1
Suspected cause
0
Reported fixes
Read evidence and context
Explicit resolution reports before identified causes, performed actions and suggestions. Within each level, matching component labels precede direct query mentions and inherited thread context; successful versus unsuccessful discussion counts, owner confirmations and independent discussion support determine order. This is not a probability of success.
Discussions that suspect a cause
1
0 original-poster resolution reports. Counts can overlap; they are not unique people or a success rate.
0 discussions have direct query context; 0 report a fix in that context. Other evidence may inherit the discussion’s subject.
Leading evidence: 'maximum i would wait' (no explicit attributable resolution; this is a reported action or suggestion). Across 1 matching discussions, the most frequently mentioned possible cause is 'maximum i would wait' (1 discussions; 0 report identifying it and 1 suggest it). No action has an explicit, attributable resolution report under the current rules. These are forum reports and suggestions, not a confirmed diagnosis.
Source reports, not a diagnosis or a success probability. Counts refer to discussions and can overlap.
Counts describe captured discussions, not unique people or a diagnosis. Author identities are not reliably stored. Exact duplicate evidence is counted once across matching discussions; one discussion counts at most once per action/state. Multiple repairs reported together remain a combination. Suggestions and failed attempts do not establish a fix. Matches cover whole discussions and can include related faults, model variants and incomplete threads.
9 eligible posts · 0 unverified posts · 1 discussions match the subject in their title or opening post.
Rennlist: 1 discussions
0 evidence records excluded for query context · 0 excluded by outcome qualification · 0 adjusted by outcome qualification.
0 acknowledgements have no verified action link; they do not establish a repair result.
Generation: 20261027T035758Z · outcome-qualification-6. Deterministic extraction; no AI model inference. How we use sources
A little speculation and conjecture required...
How long does the current 996 left have to run?
Waiting lists here in the UK are long to say the least, 18 months for a C4S, 12 months C2 and so on...
I want to place an order for a new car but rumours circulate its successor will launch in MY 05 or Aug 04 to us normal mortals, and as much as I love the C4S (GORGEOUS and a fantastic drive!!), I don't want to take delivery and see a new model in 6 months time.
Any thoughts??
Martyn,
Find a dealer you get on well with - put a deposit down to get your name on the waiting list (�500 - �1000 seems to be the going rate) on your 996 of choice - insist that the deposit is fully returnable should you decide you
do not
want the vehicle and then wait.
You'll most likely find that through cancellations you get offered a build date sooner than the stated waiting period, if you don't you can always get your deposit back.
The deposit should be returnable as these cars are still selling very well. My old man got into a 996 C4 in three months last year and has just confirmed his build date for a turbo after waiting only 14 months.
Place deposit on both C4S AND next generation 997. That way you'll get one of the first 997's. So you can decide when your C4S build comes whether you want to keep it or wait for 997.
Martyn,
Why is the wait so long in the UK? Here in the colonial backwater of Vancouver, I ordered my C4S on Jan 30th and picked it up from the dealer on July 25th. 6 months is probably the maximum I would wait.
the price in the UK seems very high too, is it the taxes? My car has the advanced technic package, heated sports seats, dimming mirrors/rain sensor and sports exhaust. I paid MSRP of CAN$127,300.00 which equates to about 56,000 pounds.
Cheers guy, good advice, price wise, I have no idea, Porsche UK seem to control the flow of vehicles far more strongly than the US from what I can gather. I have never seen a Boxster let alone a 996 on the garage lot, new for sale. Does have good news, residuals are really strong.
Welcome to rip off Britain as us car drivers loving refer to our home country
Martyn
I cant speak for a C4S but I walked into Lancaster Bow in June and was offered a new C2 cancelled order on 7 days delivery. And then a few calls to mates sourced another at JCT600 in Newcastle with a better spec much closer to what I would have ordered myself. I committed by phone on 18th June, the car came out the factory on or about 12th July and I collected it on 23rd!
Good luck.
Paul S
Lancaster Bow actually lowered themselves to speak to you? Must have been a bad month....
They never returned my calls or sent me the spec lists. Think it was some guy Scott lomas?
Martyn
If I were you I would go with the deposit on a 997 on a fully refundable basis and make it clear which exact model your deposit is for. Some dealers may accept and others may not.
Happy negotiating...
The guy I saw at Lancaster Bow was Robert Ashbury. I just walked in off the street. Not only that, I wanted a test drive over some speed humps the following week and he arranged it, even though I told him I'd already placed the order with JCT600!
This is a source reference. Confirm exact model applicability in the original material.